Dubai is one of the most popular destinations for expatriates who are looking for a rewarding career in customer service. Whether you are interested in working as a relationship officer, a beauty therapist, a telesales agent, or any other customer care role, you can find plenty of opportunities in Dubai and the UAE. In this post, we will share some tips on how to find and apply for customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE, as well as some of the benefits and challenges of working in this sector.
|Dubai Customer Service
|United Arab Emirates
|High school / Degree Diploma or Equivalent
|As per UAE labor law
Benefits of Working in Customer Service in Dubai and UAE
Working in customer service in Dubai and the UAE can offer you many benefits, such as:
- High demand: Customer service is one of the most in-demand sectors in Dubai and the UAE, as the region is home to many local and international businesses that cater to diverse and demanding customers. You can find customer service jobs in various industries, such as banking, hospitality, retail, tourism, telecom, and others.
- Competitive salary: Customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE can offer you a competitive salary, depending on your skills, experience, and qualifications. According to Salary Explorer, the average salary for a customer service representative in Dubai is AED 7,000 per month, while the average salary for a customer service manager is AED 18,000 per month.
- Tax-free income: Customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE can also offer you a tax-free income, as there is no personal income tax in the region. This means that you can save more of your earnings and enjoy a higher standard of living.
- Multicultural environment: Customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE can also offer you a multicultural environment, as you will interact with customers and colleagues from different backgrounds, cultures, and nationalities. You can learn new languages, customs, and perspectives, and expand your network and horizons.
Working in customer service in Dubai and the UAE
- High expectations: Customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE can also entail high expectations, as you will have to deal with customers who are often demanding, impatient, and dissatisfied. You will have to handle complaints, queries, and requests in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner, and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Long hours: Customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE can also involve long hours, as you will have to work shifts, weekends, and holidays, depending on the nature and needs of your job. You will have to balance your work and personal life, and manage your stress and fatigue.
- Cultural differences: Customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE can also require you to adapt to cultural differences, as you will have to respect and follow the local laws, norms, and values. You will have to dress modestly, avoid public displays of affection, and observe religious practices, such as fasting during Ramadan.
Customer Service Jobs in Dubai and the UAE
There are several ways to find customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE, depending on your preferences and qualifications. Some of the most common methods are:
- Online job portals: You can use online job portals such as Indeed, LinkedIn, and others to search for customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE. You can filter your search by location, company, job type, salary, and more. You can also upload your resume and apply directly to the jobs that interest you.
- Recruitment agencies: You can also contact recruitment agencies that specialize in customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE. They can help you find suitable vacancies, prepare your resume and cover letter, and arrange interviews with potential employers. Some of the reputable recruitment agencies in this field are Hays, Michael Page, Charterhouse, and others.
- Networking: Networking is another effective way to find customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE. You can use your personal and professional contacts to get referrals, recommendations, and introductions to potential employers. You can also attend events, workshops, seminars, and conferences related to customer service and meet people who work in this sector. You can also join online groups, forums, and communities where you can exchange information and tips with other customer service professionals.
How to Apply for Customer Service Jobs in Dubai and UAE
Once you have found some customer service jobs that suit your profile and preferences, you need to prepare your application materials and submit them to the employers. Here are some tips on how to apply for customer service jobs in Dubai and the UAE:
- Resume: Your resume should highlight your skills, experience, achievements, and education related to customer service. You should use a clear, concise, and professional format and language. You should also tailor your resume to each job that you apply for, emphasizing the relevant keywords and requirements. You can use online tools such as Resume.io or Zety to create and edit your resume.
- Cover letter: Your cover letter should complement your resume and explain why you are interested in and qualified for the customer service job that you are applying for. You should address the specific needs and expectations of the employer and show how you can add value to their organization. You should also express your enthusiasm and motivation for working in Dubai and the UAE. You can use online tools such as Cover-Letter-Now or LiveCareer to create and edit your cover letter.
- Interview: If you are invited for an interview, you should prepare yourself by researching the company, the job, and the market. You should also practice your answers to common and behavioral interview questions, as well as your questions to ask the interviewer. You should dress professionally, arrive on time, and be polite and confident. It’s a good practice to send a thank-you email or note after the interview as a follow-up.
Customer service is a rewarding career option for expatriates who want to work in Dubai and the UAE. You can find and apply for customer service jobs in various ways, and enjoy many benefits, such as high demand, competitive salary, tax-free income, and multicultural environment. However, you should also be aware of the challenges, such as high expectations, long hours, and cultural differences, and prepare yourself accordingly.